We would love to talk to you, so please feel free to request more information.
AGE: 21 years or older
MARITAL STATUS: Single or married, but without dependents
MINIMUM LENGTH OF SERVICE: 1 year
HEALTH: Good Physical and mental health
LANGUAGE: Working knowledge of Spanish
What do Volunteers receive?
- The opportunity to serve God’s needy children and elderly
- The gift of a cross-cultural experience
- Placement and support
- Orientation Program
- Food and Housing
- Health insurance
- Transportation to the site from orientation in San Antonio, Texas
- Guidance and help with financial support
- End of Experience Retreat
- Transportation home after completion of service
What expenses do Volunteers incur?
- Language school, if needed
- Transportation to orientation site in San Antonio, Texas
- Vacation and personal travel
- Emergency leave
When does Volunteering begin?
The volunteer experience begins about August 1 and continues through July 31.
The Application Process
Request for Information:
A telephone interview with the Volunteer Coordinator of Mi Casa for Children and Elderly. An application packet is provided to the applicant.
Return of the Completed Application:
To be complete, your application must include the completed application form, an autobiography, and a recent photo.
Mi Casa will respond to all applications after review.